We understand that this is a special day for our seniors and their families, and we have been working daily to do everything in our power to make it a positive and memorable event. There are several school districts, not only in South Carolina but across the country, that are conducting virtual graduations. We just do not feel that does our students justice for 13 years of dedication. Furthermore, we have several students across the county who will be leaving this summer as they have enlisted in one of the branches of our military. Delaying graduation with the hope that things will open back up is both unfair and unrealistic.
Please note that the graduation date for all four county high schools will be Friday May 29, 2020 at 8:30 AM in each respective high school stadium. The inclement weather date will be Saturday May 30, 2020 at 8:30 AM. In the event we have inclement weather on both mornings, we will have a “drive up” graduation at each school beginning at 10:00 AM Saturday, May 30, 2020.
We hope you understand that some parts of the plan may have to be changed or adjusted as conditions warrant. High school seniors will receive more detailed information for the graduates and their guests as we approach graduation day. Please find below some of the basic guidelines of our upcoming graduation ceremonies.
We wish the best for the graduating class of 2020 and look forward to our graduation ceremonies.
- Persons exhibiting any signs of illness, who are immunocompromised, or identified by the CDC as part of a high-risk population should not attend.
- Graduating seniors will be limited to four guest tickets.
- Seating must maintain the recommended six feet distance between attendees. Graduate guests will be seated together and seats will be clearly marked.
- Only guests with tickets will be allowed on campus.
- Lining up to enter the stadium:
- Attendees must maintain six feet of separation. We will have the entrances marked to ensure appropriate spacing.
- Attendees must have and wear a facemask. We will have facemasks available if you do not have one.
- CCSD School Resource Officers, law enforcement officials, and teachers will assist with ushering families to their seats and maintaining social distancing.
- We will have hand sanitization tables at each entrance and outside of the restrooms. You must sanitize your hands before entering the stadium.
- The event will be live streamed by Sandhill Telephone Cooperative for maximum participation.
- The live stream will be recorded and available on each school’s and the district’s website.
- Diplomas will be on a table and picked up by the graduate to eliminate person-to-person contact.
- After the ceremony, attendees will be released by row to ensure six feet of separation. Guests must depart the stadium and school property after the ceremony is completed.
- Each school will have a professional photographer taking graduate pictures as they cross the stage.