Dear CCSD Parents:
Pleased be advised that effective December 4, 2023, Chesterfield County School District will be implementing a new vaping policy. This policy is designed to address the rising concerns surrounding the use of vaping products among our students.
Key Points of the New Vaping Policy:
- Prohibition of Vaping on School Property: The use, possession, and distribution of vaping products will be strictly prohibited on all school premises, including our school buildings and grounds.
- Education and Prevention Programs: A part of the new policy will include implementing educational programs to raise awareness about the dangers of vaping and provide resources for students, parents, and staff.
- Consequences for Violations: The new policy outlines clear consequences for students found in violation of the vaping policy.
- Parent and Community Involvement: We encourage parents and guardians to engage in open conversations with their children about the risks associated with vaping.
- Support Services: Our school counselors and support staff are available to provide assistance and resources for students who may be struggling with vaping-related concerns.
We encourage open communication and invite any questions or concerns you may have regarding the new vaping policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the new policy, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Services and Administration at 843-623-5509.Chan Anderson, Ed.D.SuperintendentChesterfield County School District